GENERAL INFORMATION ON VISA REQUIREMENTS
Visa information for Turkey is also available on 09068 347 348
(Calls Charged at 0.60p per minute from a standard BT line and other networks may vary)
- Applicants are required to apply in person to this Consulate General to obtain visa.Applications sent by post, fax or email will not be accepted.
- Visa application form must be filled in full and signed before submission to the visa officer during the appointment.
- Please ensure that you fill in your details exactly as they appear in your passport and pay particular attention to question 18 which refers to your UK visa.
- Application form can be downloaded from the website .Please click here for PDF or here for MS WORD formats.
- Passport holders are required to have a minimum of six months validity on their passports when they arrive in Turkey.
- Travel document holders are required to have a minimum of one year validity on their travel documents from the date of entry into Turkey.
- Passports or travel documents need to have at least two consecutive blank pages.
- Third country nationals’ residents, working or studying in the UK are required to have minimum six months residence permit at the date of application.
- If you are a visitor in the UK, regardless of your nationality, your application will have to be referred to the relevant Turkish authorities for approval which generally takes minimum six to eight weeks to finalize.
- Family members (partners & children) could make their applications at the same time during one appointment. Group applications will not be accepted.
- All children under the age of 18 are required to appear at the Consulate with both parents for all types of visa application. If only one parent is able to attend with the child, absent parent should submit his/her official consent approved by a solicitor or notary. For other required documents regarding the visa application of children under the age of 18 please see below.
- Payments must be made in cash or by postal order/company cheque (made payable to 'Turkish Consulate General'). Credit/debit cards, personal cheques are not accepted.
- Visa fees differ as to nationality and types of visa and are not refundable in case of refusal.
- Under normal conditions, visa applications take up to 3 working days to process. However, depending on your nationality and your status in the UK or the type of visa requested, your application may need to be referred to the relevant Turkish authorities for their approval which generally takes minimum six to eight weeks.
- Please note that you should submit your visa application no more than 60 days prior to the date of your travel.
- Passports can be collected as advised by the Visa Officers. In order to collect your passport, you need to have the collection ticket given on the day of the application/submission.
- If you wish to have your passport returned to you by post, you need to provide a prepaid self addressed Special Delivery Signed for envelope (Silver).
- Please note that the validity of a visa starts on the day it was granted by this Consulate General unless otherwise specified. Please check your visa before leaving the Consulate.
- Turkish Consulate General Visa Department is closed on UK Bank Holidays in addition to Turkish National and Religious Days announced in advance on Consulate website.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. IN THE EVENT AN APPLICATION IS CONSIDERED UNACCEPTABLE AT THE TIME OF THE APPOINTMENT, IF THE APPLICANT CANNOT PROVIDE THE NECESSARY DOCUMENTATION ON THE DAY OF THEIR APPOINTMENT, THEY WILL BE REQUIRED TO MAKE A NEW APPOINTMENT.
Please always bring the original and a photocopy of all supporting documents.
- Application Form
- Passport or travel document
- One recent (not more than six months old) photograph
- You might be asked for reserved return tickets in applicant’s name and accommodation details (hotel booking, in the applicant’s name, or invitation letter from your host in Turkey). You are advised not to finalize your travel arrangements before receiving a visa from this Consulate General.
- Two months recent bank statements which show at least £ 400 required amount of money as a last balance (plus £40 per day if you stay more than 10 days in Turkey) from a UK account only. Please note that cash is not acceptable as proof.
- Evidence of occupation:
- If you are a worker/student, an original, recent, signed letter from your UK employer / school / university on official letterhead
- If you are self-employed, a letter from a solicitor/accountant verifying your self-employment.
- If you work for a family, your most recent P60 and payslips along with employment letter.
- If you are receiving benefits/pensions, the recent HMRC benefit/pension letter is required. The letter must show the amount of benefit/ pension.
- If you do not work and you are financially supported by your spouse/adult child, please provide your spouse/adult child’s employment/accountant letter, bank statement, passport and marriage/birth certificate (and certified translation if required), original and copy.
Additional documents may be required in every case.
All supporting documents must be dated within 60 days of application date.
Documents printed from websites/email must clearly show the website address, link or URL from which the document originated.
Documents required for visa application of children under 18 years old:
All children under the age of 18 are required to appear at the Consulate with both parents for all types of visa application. If only one parent is able to attend with the child, absent parent should submit his/her consent done by solicitor or notary. For other required documents please see below. (Chose documents are relevant to your application.)
- Separate application form for each child. Application form must be filled and signed by both parents.
- Original birth certificate (and certified translation of non UK birth certificates) of each child and copy.
- Original passports from both parents and copies of information pages for each child.
- Adoption decree (with adopting parents’ names)
- Court order establishing custody or guardianship.
- The absent parent’ written consent done by solicitor or notary and certified copy of passport. The consent must be less than three months old.
- A letter of consent from both parents authorising them to travel and stay in a Turkey and appointing the person who will be responsible for them.
- Court Order granting sole custody to the applying parent.
- Judicial declaration of incompetence of absent parent or
- Death certificate of absent parent.
- If the parent’s name is not same as child's last name, the documentation that will link parent’s names or link parent to the child (marriage/divorce certificate, court order).