INFORMATION ON VISA FOR RESIDENCE
If you wish to reside in Turkey longer than the normal period, you will need a residence visa.
Residence visa is not obtained from this Turkish Consulate General. It should be applied to the nearest police headquarter in Turkey, before your tourist visa expires.
***We have been informed by the local authorities in Turkey that in near future, within the context of Turkish Law 6458, you will be required to apply for residence permit to Turkish diplomatic representations abroad. Still, you need to apply to the nearest local police headquarter in Turkey for residence permit.
Once the new regulation within the context of Turkish Law 6458 is published to lay down rules for residence permit, yacht visa and other applications we will clearly up-date our website to this end. Currently, we can not release any information regarding the application for residence permit since we have not been authorised yet.
For your information, following documents might be asked to submit to the local police headquarter. (full document check list for residence visa should be enquired from the nearest police headquarters in Turkey and submitted to the same address.)
- Latest bank statement (original to be returned) & a photocopy. Bank statement must show the applicant's current financial standing.
- Reference letter from your employer / school / accountant (if applicable)
- A letter specifying the reasons for the applicant's intended settlement in Turkey
- Details of pensions or other assets from which the applicant receive a regular income & a photocopy
- Particulars of any assets in Turkey (if any), and a photocopy
- Any other evidence supporting your application (if any )
If you wish to extend your residence permit for a further period, you should apply to the same police headquarters before the permit expires.
Household items may be taken into Turkey through a system called "temporary import" provided that the validity of the residence permit is not less than one year. For details of the relevant regulation please contact with the Office of the Finance and Customs Counsellor at Turkish Embassy in London which can also provide information on the regulation concerning the temporary import of a car into Turkey. Information on Turkish Customs Regulation is available at the the official website of Turkish Customs Administration on http://www.gumruk.gov.tr