INFORMATION ON VISA FOR RESIDENCE
If you wish to reside in Turkey longer than the normal period allowed to tourists or set up a business, you will need a residence visa.
British nationals can also apply for residence visa while in Turkey. They need to apply to the nearest police headquarters before their 90 days sticker type visa, obtained at the border gate, expires.
If you wish to obtain a residence visa from this Consulate, you will need to submit the following documents in person:
- Visa application form "must be filled in full"
Please click here for PDF or here for MS WORD formats.
- A passport size photo attached to the visa application form
- Latest bank statement (original to be returned) & a photocopy. Bank statement must show the applicant's current financial standing
- Reference letter from your employer / school / accountant (if applicable)
- Visa fee (271 GBP for the year 2013) in cash or by postal order/company cheque made payable to "Turkish Consulate General"
- A self-addressed envelope (no stamp is necessary) to receive your passport back by post.( if you wish to have your passport returned by post, you should submit your documents to this Consulate General at least two weeks before your departure for Turkey).
- A letter specifying the reasons for the applicant's intended settlement in Turkey
- Details of pensions or other assets from which the applicant receive a regular income & a photocopy
- Particulars of any assets in Turkey (if any), and a photocopy
- Any other evidence supporting your application, if any
All documents for residence visa must be submitted to this Consulate General at least eight weeks before the intended date of departure. Please note that applications must be referred to the relevant Turkish authorities for their approval.
After obtaining the visa, you are required to register with the local police within a month following the arrival in Turkey in order to obtain a residence permit. If you wish to extend your permit for a further period, you should apply to the same police headquarters before the permit expires.
Household items may be taken into Turkey through a system called "temporary import" provided that the validity of the residence permit is not less than one year. For details of the relevant regulation please contact with the Office of the Finance and Customs Counsellor at Turkish Embassy in London which can also provide information on the regulation concerning the temporary import of a car into Turkey. Information on Turkish Customs Regulation is available at the the official website of Turkish Customs Administration on http://www.gumruk.gov.tr
Please Click here to make an online appointment for visa applications to Turkey.