VISA FOR REPRESENTATIVES OF TOUR OPERATORS
Representatives of tour operators need to obtain a "Tour Operator Rep." visa. This type of visa is multiple-entry, and allows holders to stay up to 8 months a year without needing a work permit. Please note that this visa can be issued once in a period of 12 months.
Representatives of tour operators who intend to stay in Turkey for more than 8 months a year or do not fulfil application requirements indicated below and/or provide further documentation that may be requested by Consulate officials upon "Tour Operator Rep." visa applications will be advised to apply for a work permit. Those applicants who do not have relevant work experience in the tourism sector or who do not hold degrees/certificates from tourism related education institutions may opt to obtain an “Exemption Document” issued by the Ministry of Labour and Social Security. The contents of the “Exemption Document” will be determined by the said Ministry.
The following documents are initially required for a “Tour Operator Rep.” visa application. Please be advised that further documentation may be requested as deemed necessary by Consulate officials.
- Person who applies for a visa as a tour operator should have relevant work experience / education in this field and provide reference from previous work place. Alternatively, the applicant must provide a certificate of degree / course completion.
- A letter from the tour operator/travel agency in Turkey addressed to this Consulate. The letter should state the current position of the visa applicant, his/her purpose of visit and his/her duration of stay (up to 8 months).
- A copy of Commercial Register Certificate and Registration Certificate of Chamber of Commerce of the tour operator company in Turkey
- A letter from employer in the UK including detailed information of employment status and work experience.
- A copy of employment contract
- Visa application form "must be filled in full"
Please click here for PDF or here for MS WORD formats.
- A passport size photo attached to the visa application form
- Visa fee (click here to see visa fees)
- A self-addressed envelope (no stamp is necessary) to receive your passport back by post.( if you wish to have your passport returned by post, you should submit your documents to this Consulate General at least two weeks prior to the departure date for Turkey)